Re: deluser on purge

> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 06:12:24PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> This is something that I'd really like to see us sort out in policy,
>> since I think we should be able to describe consistent behavior with
>> regard to system users and package purging to our users.  Right now,
>> every maintainer is making their own decision in this area, and I think
>> that provides an inferior experience for users.

> Every time the discussion has come up so far, there's been an absence of
> consensus about whether it was correct to attempt to reclaim user ids on
> purge.

Yeah, agreed, but I'm not happy with that lack of consensus leading to
ongoing inconsistent behavior where some packages remove their users and
some don't.  My feeling, at least at the moment, is that consistent
behavior, regardless of what that behavior is, would be better than the
current situation.