Re: Can fidogate be removed?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:12:06PM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> fidogate:
> * Has had a security issue reported;
> * Has a number of policy violations;
> * Has been orphaned for two months;
> * Has 4 popcon installs with 1 vote;
> * Is a couple of versions behind upstream;
> * Is a gateway for Fidonet, does that even exist anymore nowadays?
>
> In my opinion, we'd better not ship it with etch.

Given I only picked it up because it was orphaned and no one else was
interested I'm inclined to agree. Fidonet does still exist in a limited
form from my understanding, but obviously there isn't enough interest in
maintaining it in Debian. My own Fido involvement ended some time ago.

J.

--
                  Covered in paint and high as a kite.