gpdf still embeds xpdf code

Hi,
I noticed that gpdf has been orphaned as current Gnome has switched
to evince as the PDF viewer. The problem is that gpdf still embeds
a complete copy of the xpdf code base. xpdf has a poor security
history and I expect more issues to pop up during the 30 months of
Etch security support. Please port gpdf to poppler or remove it from
the archive. The first option is straight-forward, as poppler is
based on xpdf as well. (Porting pdftohtml to poppler took me only
half an hour). However, I assume that removing it entirely might
be the better option, as evince is now the standard PDF viewer.

Cheers,
        Moritz