Re: Hijack or remove postgis

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:26:31PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> > Something has to be done about the postgis package.  There are RC
> > bugs on uninstallability and FTBFS as well as several functionality
> > bugs and two new upstream releases and no one seems to do anything.
> > The packaging seems to be sufficiently ugly that it may be better to
> > request removal and start over later.  Please orphan the package or
> > request removal.
>
> Have you asked the maintainer?

That's a long due package for debian-gis. I see it is currently locked into
a shape on which there's not a general agreement for uploading into
sid. Its maintainer (not a DD currently) is not so keen in changing anything
but other d-gis uploaders idea is that it should basically rewritten
from scratch. That's in brief...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine