Re: Security bug in xlockmore

Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> this security bug in xlockmore is still present in all xlockmore versions in
> the archive and is open for now 190 days. In the meantime we organized a CVE
> number and a patch that fixes that problem. But still no reaction from you. I
> know that aren't MIA at all, because I have seen some activity from you since
> then. But I think this bug needs some time from you at all. I know that
> xlockmore is upstream dead and has really awfull code, but I you don't want
> to maintain it anymore orphan it or remove it from the archive.

I have to admit that I don't share the oppinion of the maintainer and hence
are preparing an update with the patch Elmar Hoffmann thankfully provided.

Please let me know which version in sid fixes this problem, i.e. if the
planned NMU will be uploaded indeed etc. pp.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin