Re: Proposal for collaborative maintenance of packages

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> I'll just try to restart the discussion with a proposal:
> Currently I maintain one package (min12xxw, see [1]) for ubuntu, have filed an
> ITP (#334093) in debian but haven't tried hard enough to find a sponsor yet.
>
> Since this package is quite small one, it might be well suited to just try out
> whether collaborative maintenance works/where possible problems might be.

Ok, let's try it out. I can play the sponsor at the beginning.

> > FWIW, I have an alioth project ready to be used :
> > http://alioth.debian.org/projects/collab-maint/
>
> So this could already be used?
> If so, how could I upload the package/what would I need to do?

The only thing which is "ready" is that there's a SVN repo available. I
created a min12xxw directory there:
SVN URL: svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/ext-maint/min12xxw
Web interface of the repo:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/ext-maint/min12xxw/?rev=0&sc=0

Now, you should request an account on alioth.d.o and when you're done,
please ask me to add yourself to "collab-maint". In parallel, you can
familiarize yourself with svn-buildpackage and how to import your
package in a SVN repository (try with a local SVN repository first, and
later when you have the required rights on alioth, you'll do the same
directly in the directory that I created).

BTW, your import should create (svn-buildpackage offers several choices
for the structure):
.../min12xxw/trunk/...
.../min12xxw/tags/
.../min12xxw/branches/

You can either import full sources or only the debian directory. I'd go
for the full sources, but it's your call in the end.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Raphaël Hertzog