Re: Oldest RC bugs affecting etch

Hi!

Nathanael Nerode [2006-01-05  3:29 -0500]:
> 281893 -- patched uninstallable bug in libroken16-kerberos4kth
>   Orphan package and make QA upload?

Just my 2 cents: Is there any reason why we should keep krb4 in the
first place? It's horribly old, out of date, and broken security-wise
years ago. There was not much reason to use krb4 in Sarge or even
woody, and much less to use it nowadays. IMHO it should just die and
be removed from the archive eventually.

It has very few rdepends, and the remaining ones can certainly be
converted to use krb5 only. It would mean another dropped library
duplication, ease security support, and clean up of old insecure
cruft.

(BTW, we eliminated krb4 in Ubuntu a while ago, it was fairly easy).

Thanks for considering,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de