Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:49:32AM +0100, Rich Walker wrote:
>> And should the submitter of a bug be auto-subscribed to the bug? I
>> think at present it is possible to carry on a long debate on the BTS
>> without the original submitter knowing - which seems to miss the point?
>
> Auto-subscription probably isn't a good answer, but I think there needs to
> be some work on refining the Reply-To's and bugs.debian.org destination
> addresses so that the defaults work better -- both to keep submitters more
> in the loop in general, and to save me time editing headers to keep users
> and maintainers in the loop. ;)

Maybe a standard query when you submit the bug: "would you like to be
kept informed about updates to this bug?" would do the trick?

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw@shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml