Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2005 à 17:33 -0400, Michael Stone a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 07:27:58PM +0200, Benjamin Bayart wrote:
> >If you think it is satisfactory, then, well, perhaps there is nothing to
> >change and I'm wrong on that. But if you think it have to be improved,
> >my proposition is just to accept more-or-less automaticaly the
> >contributions from the outside, and to try to encourage those
> >contributions.
>
> If you're pretty much automatically accepting any kind of contribution
> it's not a debian package any more.

It's not really "any kind of". The software is already packaged but we
have nobody to maintain it ... but some Debian users have enough
interest to send patches. We should be grateful for that and logically
accept their work.

The whole discussion is about defining what is reasonable, what are the
limits and how can it be made working.

> Just set up your own package archive
> somewhere for packages like this and encourage people to use it.
> notquitedebian.org is available...

Sorry but "apt-cache search" will not find the package ... and for me
that's the way to look for Debian packages.

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org