Re: Let's remove moria

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:

> > Is not Moria going GPL soon, in no little part because of our requests to
> > the author when he found out just how much people still liked his program?
>
> Removing it from non-free still doesn't hurt anything, since IIRC
> that'll have to happen anyway when it goes to main. I don't think
> keeping the *current* package accomplishes anything...

It's kinder on the ftpmasters not to do that, and they seem to have a
big list of work to do already.  In other words, leaving the package
alone, and uploading a free version to main when it's ready, requires
them to make one change to the override file, instead of a removal
request, followed by a NEW queueing later.

Thomas