Re: libunicode help required

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:43:36AM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:

> Andrew Pollock wrote:
> | On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:06:15AM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> |
> |>I don't see any problems with my patch, though I started with running
> |>autoupdate before executing the other commands. It builds without any
> |>problem and it has the 'pass_all' as expected.
> |>
> |>Can you please ellaborate what the problem is? You can find the
> |>resulting patch at http://zeus.ugent.be/~luk/libunicode.patch
> |>

> | Hi,
>
> Hi Andrew
>
> | Did you follow the instructions to the letter? (Did I for that matter?)
>
> No, I just used autoconf (instead of the older autoconf2.13). It doesn't
> always work and then it's time to use autoupdate. Using autoconf2.13 is
> only appropriate IMHO when upstream denies to use autoconf proper.
>
> | I've done a few of these updates, without major dramas.
> |
> | Here's what I've done, and where it fell over (this was with an autoupdate
> | run first):
> |
> | apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ find . -name ltmain.sh
> - -print0 | xargs -0 grep -H ^VERSION=
> | ./ltmain.sh:VERSION=1.3.4
> | apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ head -1 Makefile.in
> | # Makefile.in generated automatically by automake 1.4 from Makefile.am
> | apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ grep Generated configure
> | head -1
> | # Generated automatically using autoconf version 2.13
> | apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ libtoolize --copy --force
> | You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
> | apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ aclocal-1.4
> | apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ autoconf2.13
>
> Try this with autoconf instead of autoconf2.13 and it should work (you
> used autoupdate after all!).

Okay, I did:

libtoolize --copy --force
aclocal-1.4
autoconf

(and added automake1.4 to the build dependencies)

and at build time, got:

aclocal: configure.in: 11: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
make[1]: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

This is with libtool1.4 or libtool, and autoconf2.13 or autoconf, building
with pbuilder.

regards

Andrew

--