Re: help needed with mips build failure

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:39:44PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > > Now, it should be noted, upstream uses autoconf 2.13, and libtool
> > > 1.4c.  So these errors should not be happening, and seem to imply
> > > problems in the Debian auto* packages.

> > Both are deprecated, outdated crap.  Methinks you have some work to do to
> > get these up to 2.5x and libtool 1.5.x...

> Nonsense; I'm not upstream and this is a very complicated package.

> Upstream is distributing perfectly working source.

Clearly not, or it wouldn't have failed to build on mips and mipsel.  There
is nothing "perfectly working" about that version of libtool, and moreover,
its effects are not limited to the mips architectures -- as the obscenely
long list of library dependencies of the gnucash package are almost
certainly also caused by use of this old, buggy version of libtool.

Let me know if you would like help updating this package to use libtool 1.5
(and preferably getting that change pushed upstream).  This probably
requires updating to autoconf2.5 at the same time, but should not require
changing the version of automake you're using.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer