Re: Adding RM support to PTS

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:39:39PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le mercredi 26 janvier 2005 ? 18:51 +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar a
> ?crit :
> > Hi Raphael,
> >
> > I'd like to have support for removal requests in the PTS. I think I can
> > technically add that myself, but won't do it without your permission, of
> > course.
>
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> I'd be happy if you provide me a (tested) patch. I'll even let you apply
> it yourself... but you shouldn't do the development directly on the copy
> running on master or you'll break something sooner or later.

http://master.debian.org/~jeroen/pts-rm.diff

Tested on my $HOME on master, works fine. I also modified nice_wget
slightly to a bit more predictable behaviour, and I think most if not
all wget invocation can be translated to nice_wget, actually, but didn't
do so myself. The new nice_wget version will keep the old file as it was
and just print an error without aborting, while thus not overwriting the
file already with bogus data as could happen before. Your gunzip stuff
is still unsafe in this regard though in case of disk full issues, that
could use the same trick.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar