getting rid of gstreamer0.6 packages

Hi David, David, QA people,

  While having a look at the libflac4 -> libflac6 transition and
  creating a list of packages needing recompilation, I found that
  gstreamer-plugins was one of them.

  It is my understanding that gstreamer0.6 is obsolete and that all
  applications use gstreamer0.8 now. So, I did some further
  investigation as of if it'd be possible to get rid from gstreamer0.6
  in Debian (pre-Sarge, ideally).

  It showed up that only gstreamer-player and kgst need gstreamer0.6
  nowadays, so I'd like to know if you, as maintainers of the packages,
  consider those packages suitable for removal.

  I can't speak for gstreamer-player, since I don't know it, but about
  kgst, the only package which afaict used it, was kdemultimedia (via
  juk), but this is no longer true now.

  Other people on the list are welcome to comment as well.

  Thanks.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.