Re: sf.php source

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:44:05PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> So, I figured out how to use CVS again, and looked at the source for
> <http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php>.  Is there any reason for
> implementation in PHP rather than with an apache redirect?

php code changes take effect immediately, and are more porteable. Apache
redirect requires sufficient privileges to the apache config (I think qa
has that, but at the original place in someone's public_html, that was
probably not the case), and a reload of apache upon changes.

That's what I can think of, but this has never been discussed before to
the best of my knowledge, so the real original answer is most likely
just "Because the author choose php".

Why?

--Jeroen

--