Re: Candidates for removal

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 03:05:08AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> These packages are candidates for removal

>  1671 days: scandetd (0 waiting, new pkg, has RC bugs) [Bradley Alexander]
>   Potential removal bug already filed by Marc Brockschmidt more than 7 days
>   ago.  Is it OK to reassign it to ftp.debian.org now?
Huh.  I have this installed, and it does useful things for me.  I'd be
willing to maintain this, if its available for the taking, even to the
point of becoming upstream; looks like a simple piece of code (single
1000 line source file).

If anyone knows of a (technical) reason I shouldn't do this .. step
forwards now.  Otherwise, has anyone been in contact with Bradley?

> --
>   This raised the issue of scm, which is "maintained" by James LewisMoss
>   <dres@debian.org>, and is quite seriously suffering from FTBFS bugs.
>   scm is a good candidate for a forced orphaning -- perhaps someone could file
>   a 7-day-warning bug?
>
>   Oddly, when I look up dres@debian.org (on
>   http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dres@debian.org), it thinks
>   his name is Takashi Okamoto.  Something is broken here.
> --
Do you want to file a bug or should I?

>  1057 days: chdrv (0 waiting, new pkg, has RC bugs) [Anthony Fok]
>   8 popcon users, 7 old.
>   Good old MIA Anthony Fok.  3-year-old grave bug.  Should be removed.
Has anyone been in contact with Anthony?

--
Clear skies,
Justin