Re: Is removal the only option for aspseek?

Matej Vela <vela@debian.org> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:18:26PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:

>> Based on #292629, is the only option for aspseek to remove it? Or could
>> the libapache-mod-aspseek just package be scrapped? I haven't done
>> thorough investigation yet to determine if that renders the whole thing
>> pointless or not though...

> Upstream is pretty much dead -- last release on 2002-10-21, last mailing
> list activity on 2004-11-29 -- and htdig and mnogosearch seem like
> reasonable alternatives.  I think it's not worth salvaging.

Agreed; here are the notes I made when going through all the orphaned
packages:

aspseek (2005-08-24)  REMOVE

    Has never released with Debian, Apache module under a GPL license
    conflicting with the Apache license, no upstream activity in three
    years, 15 popcon installations and only 4 votes.  Would need a
    maintainer to pursue a licensing change with an inactive upstream or
    remove the Apache module component.  There are other packages in the
    archive serving a similar purpose (htdig and swish-e, for instance).

    Orphaned 2005-08-05.