ddcprobe NOT found!

I'm trying to set up X, and I decided to try xdebconfigurator, since I can't seem to remember the name of, nor find, the X configuration tool I really like. I got two diagnostics for missing executeables. One was for hwinfo, which I was able to get, but the other was for this ddcprobe, which is apparently not there. Presumably both should be automatically downloaded when one apt-get installs xdebconfigurator, but they were not, so I thought I'd let you guys know. I'd also like a better X configurator. There used to be one. ?

Sincerely, Xeno

--
Xeno Campanoli, xeno@eskimo.com, http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
Pride before justice      equals destabilization.