Re: removal requests of unattended RC buggy packages?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:26:30AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trawling the list of build failures on various architectures, and I'm
> finding packages that have never, ever been successfully built on an
> autobuilder from day one, in spite of bug reports being filed early and
> often, e.g.: nemesi, bug #303075.  What should be the policy for requesting
> removal of such packages?  I think two months is more than enough time for a
> maintainer to get their act together before having the package bounced back
> out again.  Anyone disagree?
Not much.  Could you make it 3 or 4 months for sponsored packages?  I
can see waiting for an upstream fix for that long, instead of bugging
a sponsor to "test" a fix, manually or automatically by uploading.
Especially when a release has been imminent for some time now.

What do you mean "bounced back out"?  Do you mean removed from
testing?  That seems fine.

Justin