Pacakge install/uninstall QA using pbuilder; current status

Hi,

I've been idling for a while, and maybe some people didn't notice[1]
what is happening or possible with pbuilder; so I will try to explain
briefly.

1.
pbuildd with install testing was running sometime in 2004,
and after running it extensively we had several machine hangs,
and I didn't like it really.

I've put it up public in
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pbuildd/?cvsroot=pbuilder
since I noticed that it was apparently not being released.
It should be included in the next pbuilder source tarball as an example.

It uses the pbuilder execute script found in examples/execute_installtest.sh
to do the real work, and just loops around it.

There was some work by someone about visualizing the results, but I cannot
remember the current status.

2.
examples/B92test-pkg hook may be interesting, since it will try
installing and upgrading after building the package.

new pbuilder package will be uploaded when may new key enters the
Debian keyring.

regards,
	junichi

[1] http://www.livejournal.com/users/djpig/9260.html

--
Junichi Uekawa, Debian Developer   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/
183A 70FC 4732 1B87 57A5  CE82 D837 7D4E E81E 55C1