Re: RFS: gxine 0.4.4 (source NMU)

I demand that Matthew Palmer may or may not have written...

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:28:03PM +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
>> Re. <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11562029>, I've
>> prepared an NMU of gxine which fixes the RC bug and several other bugs
>> which are present in 0.4.1. There are a few small packaging changes which
>> shouldn't cause any problems; in particular, gnome-xine is dropped since
>> it's not present outside sid (within Debian).

> Sponsoring an NMU is a really, really bad idea.  It kind of mucks up the
> chain of control more than a little bit. I'd suggest that you make
> appropriate notations in the bug logs for the various bugs that you close
> with the new upstream release, and then notify the maintainer directly,

Most of it is in CVS (tag "gxine-0_4_4-release"); the bugs mentioned there
are already tagged "fixed-upstream". I've forgotten to mention in the
changelog that bug 305106 is to be closed - I'll close this manually if
necessary - and bug 295184, IMO, shouldn't be closed yet because only the
build-dep part has been applied to 0.4.4. I applied the rest of it to CVS
HEAD only.

> as well as the QA (debian-qa@lists.debian.org) and security
> (security@debian.org) teams (because of #305343)

That affects xine-lib. The relevant bug here is 289412/295344, which isn't
security-critical; this message is CCed accordingly. (I'll see any responses
if they're in -mentors or CCed to me.)

> and let them take care of it.

Whether it's uploaded with my name or a DD's name in the changelog entry for
0.4.4, I don't particularly mind. It's probably easiest to start with my
.diff.gz or the debian directory from CVS, though.

--
| Darren Salt   | linux (or ds) at | nr. Ashington,
| sarge,        | youmustbejoking  | Northumberland
| RISC OS       | demon co uk      | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.linux.html>

OS/2? Where's the other half?