Re: jpegoptim

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 08:46:17AM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>OoO Lors de la soirée naissante  du lundi 21 février 2005, vers 18:35,
>Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> disait:
>
>>>jpegoptim   has   been   removed   from   Debian  due   to   lack   of
>>>maintener.  However, the version  that was  in Debian  is still  up to
>>>date. Since no  evolution is necessary for this  little utility, is it
>>>possible to put it back into Debian and assign it to qa@debian.org ?
>
>>Would you be willing to maintain it? You don't have to be a Debian
>>Developer for that. Read [1] for details.
>
>Yes, I would  like. Are the bug reports  still available somewhere (if
>there were any) ?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=jpegoptim&archive=yes

You may want to apply the patch at

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=173015&archive=yes

as it was closed after the package was removed.

Would you sponsor the upload ?

I may uploaded it for you. Do you plan to apply for Debian Developer
status? I didn't see you listed at:

http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php

The latest snapshot.debian.net version of jpegoptim is available at:

http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2003/12/06/debian/pool/main/j/jpegoptim/

>--
>Program defensively.
>            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`. Debian GNU/Linux
: :' : Free Operating System