Re: help needed with mips build failure

> Clearly not, or it wouldn't have failed to build on mips and mipsel.  There
> is nothing "perfectly working" about that version of libtool, and moreover,
> its effects are not limited to the mips architectures -- as the obscenely
> long list of library dependencies of the gnucash package are almost
> certainly also caused by use of this old, buggy version of libtool.

I'm pretty sure that the upstream sources build on ordinary mips
distributions, but I'm not certain of this.  Perhaps mips is so rare
that they wouldn't get bug reports.

> Let me know if you would like help updating this package to use libtool 1.5
> (and preferably getting that change pushed upstream).  This probably
> requires updating to autoconf2.5 at the same time, but should not require
> changing the version of automake you're using.

If someone were to present me with suitable patches, I would gladly
and happily send them upstream.  I don't really have the time to work
on it myself; I have just sent a message to the upstread development
list suggesting that the next release should use current tools, and
I'll see what they say.  Perhaps the release manager there is happy to
do it.

Thomas