Re: Searching for the list command to get a bugreport

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 11:09:18AM -0700, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
>
> > I have gotten with
> >
> > To:	request@bugs.debian.org
> > Body:	index packages <package>
> >
> > the index of Bugs in a package. Now I like to get a specified
> > Bugreport-Number to a <package>.
>
> Use "send <bugnumber>" to get the transcript of a bug, which will
> tell you which package the bug is assigned to.  See
> <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-request> for other commands.
>
> You can also use the web interface at <http://bugs.debian.org/> to
> look up bug information.

As I did read the original request, Michelle Konzack is looking
for the code behind http://bugs.debian.org/<bugreport-number>

AFAICT Michelle should contact debian-qa@lists.debian.org,
they are CC-ed.

> > And what about Bugs which are not more valid for years ?
> >
> > I have read Bug-Indexes to some Packages which I am interested
> > and found many open bugs which do not more exist, because the
> > upstreamversion of the <package> has changed several times with
> > correcting the Bugs, but they are not closed in Debian.
>
> If the bug report is no longer valid, it should be closed.  You should
> send a message to the bug number, explaining why the bug should be
> closed (if this information is not already in the transcript).  The bug
> will eventually be closed by its owner.

 Be aware to find unmaintained packages and even developers missing in action
(Be aware to find unmaintained packages and even    DDs            MIA    ;-)

Those should also be reported to the Quality Assurance, QA, team.

Cheers
Geert Stappers