Re: security related bug report - no maintainer reaction for 1 year

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:29:04PM +0200, Johannes Poehlmann wrote:
> I am working in the development projekt for the speak-freely package.
> (speak-freely.sourceforge.net)
>
> One Year and a day ago, i filed this bug report, saying that
> o There are security related bugs in the very outdated debian package
> o These bugs are fixed by new upstream sources
> o I integrated the sources in the new package and added a link in the
>   bug report
> o Roman Hodek tried to upload the new package as a NMU which
>   possibly got lost by the server problems or got cancelled
>   by the maintainer.
>
> I forgot to say that I sent mail to Martin Mitchell before
> with no reaction at all. It seems to be a case of undeclared
> and de facto retiring of a maintainer.

Mitchell has been known to be MIA for a long time. All his packages
should have been orphaned some time ago.

In this case, it appears that the package has been dropped from the
distribution entirely (probably because of the security issues), so
there's no bug open about it being orphaned.

You can't NMU it, because there's nothing to NMU. You'd have to upload
it as a new package.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |