Re: Special NMU for pgperl

>Some weeks ago I separated some auxillary postgresql packages out of
>the main source tree into separate proper source packages, among them
>pgperl.
>
>pgperl is the original upstream name, so I just used it; but after it
>was uploaded, I noticed that there already was an unrelated pgperl
>package which got overwritten by my upload. I already contacted
>pgperl's maintainer (Stephen, CCed) and the ftpmasters some days ago,
>but got no response so far.
>
>Do you think it is appropriate if I do the upload myself? I would only
>update the version number (so that it gets greater than the current
>one in unstable) and add an apropriate changelog entry.

Yeah, it's good to fix things you broke.  :-)  You especially want to do this
before your pgperl makes it into sarge.

* Version number choice.  I suggest version 1:2.18-4.1 for Stephen's pgperl;
it is greater than the "overwriting" version you uploaded;  and is an NMU
version number so as to alert Stephen that something funny happened (in case
he loses all these emails).  Apart from the epoch, it's the standard next NMU
version.  :-)

* What to call *your* pgperl.  Check that it doesn't conflict with any other
existing packages before uploading this time.  ;-)