What about the Bugzilla package ?

Hello debian-qa, hello Rémi.

As I don't manage to contact Rémi Perrot in private, and as there are some
things to say about the Bugzilla package, I open the discussion here, on
debian-qa.

The bugzilla package seems to be in bad shape currently.
There are lots of bugs already patched and last uploads were NMUs, the
last one for fixing a RC bug (#250638).

By quoting[1] Rémi Perrot, the Bugzilla's maintainer, he welcomes NMUs and
was looking for co-maintenance:

    "I currently lake of interest towards Debian. I Look for long time
    for co-maintainer but find none(...)"

I asked him in private for co-maintenance but sadly, didn't receive
any feedback.

I've already made some patches for the Bugzilla package and would really
like to get involved in Debian by enhancing the maintenance of this software.

Here are the bugs I've fixed:

    Serious policy violations
        #250638 (uploaded by Francesco Paolo Lovergine in 2.16.7-0.2)

    Important bugs
        #154249 (uploaded by Francesco Paolo Lovergine in 2.16.7-0.2)
        #200707 (uploaded by Francesco Paolo Lovergine in 2.16.7-0.2)

    Normal bugs
        #213420

    Minor bugs
        #284768

A lot of other bugs are already fixed, thanks to the patches submitted,
for instance : #178265, #187458, #190720, #228140, #271790.
Just applying the patches could close a lot of that bugs.

I enjoy taking care of this package and plan to follow up the task, if
it's possible and needed.

So here is the question to ask : What could we do to enhance the quality of
the Bugzilla package inside Debian ?

Regards.

Alexis.

1 : http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2004/10/msg00067.html