Re: doomlegacy

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:19:06PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Do you still want to maintain doomlegacy in Debian?  It's currently
> > in violation of Raven Corp.'s license in upstream, and has other
> > release-critical problems.  It also has a number of deficiencies,
> > and with better alternatives like prboom I'd suggest removal.
>
> What is the license violation?  Please give details!

It's all in the BTS.  I was running through the code to attempt fixing it
when I decided that the code in doomlegacy is a mess, and that I didn't want
to spend my time in "saving" this package.  If the maintainer wants to keep
working on this package, that's fine but otherwise I suggest removal.

#264816: doomlegacy-sdl: combines incompatible, non-dfsg licences

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :