Re: QA packages for release

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 04:02:36PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> The noteedit package is waiting on four autobuilds, but also on
> kdelibs, which has release critical bugs.  This is presumable the KDE
> 3.3 problem.  However, the new version should get in (at least one of
> the 2.7.1 packages, that is).  It doesn't matter which--because the
> following uploads are just maintainer changes.  But the actual 2.7.1
> is important.  So I'm happy to do some work to try and get a version
> in compiled against KDE 3.2, but I don't know how to go about it.

You will need to set your target to testing-proposed-updates instead of
unstable in your changelog entry (which automatically propagates to the
.changes), and build your binary packages against sarge instead of
against sid before uploading.

> The following have release-critical bugs which are unlikely to be
> fixed and it's ok to exclude the packages from sarge in my opinion:
>   roleplaying
>   t-gnus

No problem there, these packages are currently held out of sarge by the
RC bugs in question.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer