Re: Severity of bug #259993

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 05:07:52AM +0200, Florian Zumbiehl wrote:
> I recently (well, two weeks ago, that is) reported a number of security
> problems in cups-pdf, originally filed under #259993. Please read the
> BTS entry for details on the development up to the current situation:
> The maintainer of cups-pdf, Martin-Éric Racine, has degraded all the
> bugs to important, thus making them non-release-critical.

If you disagree both with the Debian maintainer and the upstream
author (as the bug log suggests) perhaps you could bring this up
on a Debian or non-Debian security related list (debian-security@l.d.o
as the example for the further). Perhaps you can find there some
support for your opinion. I'm definetly not able (or
at least willing) to judge this...

I can see in the bug report no specific problem except that you
are of different opinions on the subject.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/