Re: Sam Johnston, still interested in Debian maintainance?

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 02:56:23PM +1000, Sam Johnston wrote:
>    Courtesy db.debian.org:
>
>    +---------------------------------------------------------+
>    |    Sam Johnston (uid=samj,ou=users,dc=debian,dc=org)    |
>    |---------------------------------------------------------|
>    |                       Final Exams                       |
>    |                       ^^^^^^^^^^                        |
>    |---------------------------------------------------------|

In the beginning of June, you did not have this vacancy set, and that's
when I first pinged you. Since I didn't receive any response from you
since then, I didn't recheck. Sorry for that.

I see from [1] that today the last examination day was :), I hope all
went well.

Regarding squirrelmail:

This package is of concern to me, since I use it, and would very much
like to have it in a good shape in Sarge. About in March, you
(temporarily) abandoned squirrelmail, as bugs went unanswered, and no
uploads were taking place. I now know you might have been during this
time busy learning for exams, but in that case, please try to arrange a
backup maintainer, especially if you don't have time to reply to any
mail for about four months. I already offered to be co-maintainer, or
I'd like to be maintainer, and setting you as co-maintainer so you can
continue hacking on it whenever you've got time, but have no obligation
to do so. Since I NMU'ed squirrelmail, I'm monitoring the package anyway
(Dev. Ref. 5.11.3, last item).

Please consider my offer.

Regarding your other packages:
Basicly the same story, but slightly longer timespans. I don't know how
much time you'll have now this round of exams is over, but maybe you
should let go some of your packages, since you don't seem to have the
time to maintain them all at the moment.

Thank you for your attention,
--Jeroen

[1] https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/examinations/examinations.html

--