Re: PTS: Binary packages not listed

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:00:28AM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 09:59:19AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Fix your package is the only thing I can say :
> > > $ apt-cache showsrc debian-med | grep ^Binary
> > > Binary: med
> >
> > It seems that the reason is in the *.dsc file which does not contain
> > the right packages.  The reason for this seems to be in the build process
> > by the cdd-dev tools.  Is there any documentation at which point this
> > file is created?
>
> dpkg-gencontrol (if using debhelper, via dh_gencontrol), which parses
> debian/control for every binary package defined there.

dpkg-gencontrol is only called quite late in the binary package build
process, and not at all for source-only uploads. Its job is to create
DEBIAN/control in each binary package, which becomes part of
control.tar.gz in the .deb when dpkg-deb --build is run.

It does not create .dsc files; that's dpkg-source's job.