Re: some tiny tool proposal

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 10:15:18AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:13:25PM +0200, Pierre HABOUZIT wrote:
> > I built this really small page :
> > http://amaretto.inria.fr:8080/diogenes/site/qa_debian/
>
> Schaweet!
>
> > listing all _source_ package that are atm in sarge and not in sarge
> > (with a little diff on the Sources.gz files of the two dists) for main
>
> s/not in sarge/not in woody/, yes?
indeed
sorry ;)

> > you can create new status for a package here :
> > http://amaretto.inria.fr:8080/diogenes/site/qa_debian/StatusList/
> >
> > and update packages states here :
> > http://amaretto.inria.fr:8080/diogenes/site/qa_debian/NewPackageList/
> > (big page: about 1,2 Mb atm)
>
> Whoa.  First suggestion -- make that a one-page-per-first-letter thing.
> Monster stuff as it is.
done

> And, finally, a page listing "not of release quality" packages would be
> cool, because then the aforementioned release team have a single place to
> see packages to possibly be removed.
yeah, I'll see how to achieve such a thing, I think it's pretty easy
In fact i'm thinking at proposing to view such sumaries for each status
;)

<digression for matthew>
  I used Jeremy's trick to build the pages, it's only a very few lines
long per page, and for the letter thing, i've only extended one class
and modified 3 or 4 lines in it. diogenes really rocks :)
</digression>

> But very, very cool stuff so far.
thanks, there is really not so big work ;)

for all here : it's hosted on my machine at work (I'm a pre-phd student
-- and i'll do my phd in the same lab -- and I'll keep this machine for
3 and a half years). But it's no production machine , so it can be down
for a few minutes some times. that's no big deal, only to warn
everybody.

(btw this is a good machine, with a great amount of BW, so i'm not
worried for load)

regards,
--
Pierre Habouzit