Re: NCO maintainer MIA

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 05:59:09PM -0700, Charlie Zender wrote:
> Hi,

[snip]

> I am now formally asking that Debian transition NCO maintainership
> to me and Rorik Peterson <ffrap1@uaf.edu> over some reasonable
> timescale. Rorik and I are both Debian users. We implemented what
> we feel is a high-quality, up-to-date, Debian compliant, package
> for NCO and have been distributing from the NCO homepage:

[snip]

Hi,

What you're going to need to do if you want to take over maintenance of the
package is either become full-blown Debian developers yourselves, i.e. get
in the New Maintainer queue[1] and wait patiently (it can take a little while), or seek out a sponsor to upload your packages for you (or you can do both).

It's fairly demonstrable that the package has been orphaned by its current
maintainer, so it shouldn't be a big deal for someone from the QA team to
file a WNPP bug orphaning the package, then it's up for grabs.

To get a sponsor, you're best enquiring on the debian-mentors mailing list.
See also http://mentors.debian.net

Good luck.

regards

Andrew