Re: visualos

* Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> [2004-06-23 11:33]:
> VisualOS seems to be a native package. The previous maintainer was
> also the upstream developer (it's a SourceForge project).
> So should I convert this to a normal style package instead? Is it as
> straightforward as renaming the tarball?

It's a native package which uses non-native version numbers... I think
it should be non-native.  Ideally, obtain the upstream .tar ball, make
a diff to the current package and use that as the Debian diff.  And
when you build -3, include the new .orig.tar, but it will need another
name as the one currently in the archive.  (Ugh, messy.)
Martin Michlmayr