Re: Staging a comeback as DD after having retired.

* Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> [2004-06-15 09:13]:
> I was searching for instructions on how to come back from (forced or
> willing) DD-retirement and could not find them. Just a simple mail to
> keyring-maint@debian.org?
>
> And how long is the procedure supposed to take? - Just weeks or
> something like DAM-approval in the NM queue?

The general policy is this: people who retire on their own, are put in
an emeritus keyring and can come back by mailing the keyring
maintainer (doing this should take days or maybe some weeks); people
who don't retire on their are put in a removed keyring, and have to go
through NM.  (Those keyrings are not in the debian-keyring package but
their are in the source package.)  There are probably exceptions, though.

> PS: I was motivated to ask this question after having had a short
> e-mail exchange with kneecaps, he seems to be completely in the dark
> about the status of his comeback.

Definitely NM.
--
Martin Michlmayr