Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 15:52:41 +0200
To: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Advice on a certain maintainer
From: Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>

Hi,

When I wanted to use some md5 library for perl, I out of habit did a
maintainer-check on the package... and was a bit disappointed.

I'll let these URL's speak for themselves:

http://jeroen.a-eskwadraat.nl/misc/qa/developer.php?login=mdorman

(and quite some others like these)

(and quite some others like these)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1999/debian-devel-199902/msg00559.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1999/debian-devel-199902/msg00560.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1999/debian-devel-199902/msg00561.html

(not much seems to have changed since)

To his defense, he's really a long-time contributor, and he did an
upload in March. It also seems he has done (according to his own
statements, I did not verify that, but have no reason to doubt it) very
much and very hard work in the past, amongst other w.r.t. dpkg and the
like. I really don't know what to do about this, because of the
above-quoted thread, I'd like your opinion first before burning my
fingers on the issue.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar