Re: Why has qa.debian.org no i18n?

[I cced the qa list, since they may know the answer better than me...]

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 04:26:46PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Hi
>
> Why has qa.debian.org no i18n? If someone does not know may English and he
> wants to help, I think the only real possibilities are qa-work or learning
> English. He might have friends who can mail bugreports in English...

I seem to remember that we spoke about that several times, but nothing
happened. the qa web site use its own infrastructure, different from the one
used in the main web site. This explains why it's not internationalized and
thus yet impossible to translate.

Moreover, people wanting to help with qa but unable to read/write english
may have problems to coordinate with the qa team. That's one of the main
argument against this internationalization. Of course, if you volunter to do
it, everybody will be ok with it. But nobody voluntered so far...

Bye, Mt.

--
The tragedy of modern man is not that he knows less and less about the
meaning of his own life, but that it bothers him less and less.