Re: yiff

On 2004-05-15 Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> My understanding is the available file is made from the downloaded Packages
> files.

> If you look at the binary package yiff-server, the version in stable seems
> to be higher than the unstable version (and I can't see any evidence of an
> epoch). If I do a grep-available, the version returned from there is the
> version that's in stable, whereas if I do an apt-cache show or an
> apt-list-versions, I get the version back that packages.d.o says is in
> testing.
[...]

You have not run dselect on this machine since it was upgraded from
stable to testing. - "apt-get upgrade" does not update
/var/lib/dpkg/available, type "dselect update" instead, if you wannt
to play with grep-available.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"