Gwenview needs an update

Hello,

Gwenview (a popular KDE image viewer) is now a year out of date in Sid.
The maintainer, Michael Spanier <mail@michael-spanier.de>, states that he
would update the package, but that his sponsor doesn't answer his
e-mails. Based on the signature on the uploads, I believe that Colin
Watson was the sponsor. I myself have e-mailed Colin a few times about
this issue, but received no reply.

In any case, Michael has made no real effort to find another sponsor or
deal with this issue in any noticeable way, yet has expressed to me his
unwillingness to relinquish the now antiquated package, which strikes me
as unreasonable given his rather spasmodic and perfunctory efforts as
maintainer.

I have been building Gwenview packages for some time and, if I can find a
sponsor, would like to take over as maintainer, so Gwenview can be put
into decent shape for Sarge (Jérôme Marant sponsors another package of
mine, so I will ask him first). One way or another, however, this issue
should be dealt with. Any guidance on the proper way to proceed next
would be appreciated.

Please CC me - I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
Christopher Martin