Re: yadex - prepared update to follow c102 transition

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:43:59PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > > yadex is one of the 19 packages in sarge that haven't followed
> > > the c102 transition yet. The package is not orphaned, but it's
> > > maintainer has stated in #120284 that NMUs are okay and in fact
> >
> > The package is indeed orphaned (#201391)> Frederic Wagner said in

hi ppl,

> > July that he wanted to pick it up, but it seems he never found a
> > sponsor.

maybe i got discouraged too quickly

> > Is yadex actually useful?
>
> It does it's job and is working, although not too many people will
> be editing WADs nowadays. popcon still show active users, though.
>
> There's a new upstream version (1.7.0), but the build system
> has changed a lot and packaging that one would require way more
> time than I have right now.

i may do that if this interests you (and if this allows it to stay in
debian)

maybe my packages weren't that good at that time, and now I could do
better.

Frederic
Unix - where you can throw the manual on the keyboard and get a command