----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 09:33:49 +0530
To: Varkonyi Balazs <vbali@linuxforum.hu>,
	Debian Bug Tracking System <owner@bugs.debian.org>

Dear Debian Bug Tracking System,

There seems to be some break in communication or some misunderstanding
created due to acts on my part. I hope that the "cdw" package will
continue in Debian with the new maintainer (see below).

I originally filed bug #228452 becuase the original maintainer could not
be contacted and rashly said I would try to maintain the package myself.

This bug was refiled by Martin Michlmayr saying that the package should
be removed. He also wrote to me that I should try to find a mentor on
the debian-mentors list.

Unfortunately, I did nothing to live up to my earlier statement that I
would take up maintaining the package.

Later I recd. the message enclosed from the upstream maintainer of "cdw"
who wanted to take up the maintenance of the Debian package as well.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:24:14PM +0100, Varkonyi Balazs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Balazs Varkonyi the upstream maintainer of cdw. As you remember you
> sent me a mail about cdw some months ago. I found that thread on
> bugs.debian.org and I red that you want to become the maintainer of cdw.
> Did you find sponsor on debian-mentors? I would like to know it because
> if there is nothing I will start the initial contact with debian-mentors
> and I will try to become the maintainer of my project. In the other
> hand if you found a sponsor and you are working on cdw I keep quiet.
>
> Regards,
> Balazs Varkonyi

As I understand it Balazs Varkonyi *is* going through the required process
to become the Debian maintainer of the "cdw" package.

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 09:33:06AM -0800, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
> #228452: Please remove cdw,
> which was filed against the ftp.debian.org package.

<snipped>
> We believe that the bug you reported is now fixed; the following
> package(s) have been removed from unstable:
>
>        cdw |    0.1.4-3 | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

Regards,

Kapil.

--

----- End forwarded message -----