[mpalmer@debian.org: Re: MPPE patch for ppp 2.4.2]

Maybe someone wants to NMU.

----- Forwarded message from Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> -----

From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org>
Subject: Re: MPPE patch for ppp 2.4.2
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:46:31 +1000
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Cc: 194497@bugs.debian.org
	version=2.63

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 11:42:22AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> [2003-12-08 17:13]:
> > For those who are hanging out for it, I've attached a complete patch (made
> > against 2.4.21 but should work well against all) for MPPE support which
> > works against ppp 2.4.2.
> >
> > Barach, it's my intention to NMU kernel-patch-mppe soon to ensure that we
> > have a working MPPE kernel patch for Sarge.  Please let me know if you have
> > plans to update soon, so I don't step on your toes.
>
> Are you still interesting in making an NMU for this package?  James
> Cameron sent a mail to this bug explaining where to find a correct
> patch.  If nobody NMUs/uploads this package, it will have to be
> removed soon.

I'd like to NMU, it's just a time issue, and the fact that I've never done a
kernel patch package before, and don't want to stuff around with it and
potentially break things for people (not that the current package is of any
use to anyone, I'll admit).

A correct patch is in the BTS, put there by me, so if anyone else is
interested and has the time and knowledge to do it, it should be a fairly
simple NMU.  Absent any interest at all in it, I'd say just remove it, at
least from testing.

- Matt

----- End forwarded message -----

--