Need my help on the package?

[debian-qa in CC since my proposal is a QA one]

Hello,

I'd like to congratulate you, msttcorefonts is the most installed package
(according to popcon) still using the old deprecated way to handle debconf
template and not po-debconf (leaving alone orphaned package I'll take care
of very soon).

I know that this patch is rather new here, but I would very appreciate if
you could close this bug by applying the provided patch. The bug is openned
since one year, and I provided a patch one month ago.

Moreover, I think that some bugs could be closed here, to gain in clarity. I
think about

#96933 which asks for Tahoma font. It is now clear that this font is not
       free and will not be integrated in the package.

#191287 which could be solved by a sed 's/X-windows/X Window/' (or closed if
        you have the feeling it's broken)

There is several issues with the debconf templates, I would like to help
with, if you want to.
#166889 tell the name of the files to be downloaded so that I search for them
#167233 make templates user friendly
#219834 allow location preseeding
#239287 allow location selection
#221832 choosen location unresponsive
#155605 same question asked twice

And so on, and so forth.

So, my proposal is the following: If I prepare an upload to solve most of
those issues and provide you with a big patch closing all those issues,
would you accept to upload this version? It would be a bit like a NMU,
beside that I'm not DD yet and you would do the upload yourself.

I would be very pleased to help you here, but I don't want to work for
nothing (and prepare a never uploaded version). Moreover, I would have to
mark some bugs as pending during the process since there is so much of them,
and I don't want to fool with them without your authorization.

Thanks, Mt.

--
Quelqu'un qui a commis des atrocités mérite la peine de mort. Ainsi, il
retiendra la leçon pour la prochaine fois.