Re: Really, really ancient standards versions

* Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> [2004-02-28 02:34]:
> OK, so I looked at Lintian and some of the packages with
> ancient-standards-version have *really* ancient standards versions --

Yeah, I mailed most or all of these people a while ago.

> What do y'all advise?  Wishlist bugs?

Unfortunately, having an ancient standards-version is not a bug in
itself - however, those packages usually have several bugs which you
can report separetely.

> cruft: Anthony Towns, who isn't maintaining this package really

I asked him in September if he minds me posting to -devel asking for
people to help with this package.  I got no response, so I'll post to
-devel now.

> dhcp: Eloy A. Paris -- This one at any rate works OK
> ipxripd: Eloy A. Paris
> ncpfs: Eloy A. Paris

He said in December that he'd fix this in the next few weeks, but it
seems it never happend; I sent a reminder.

> pilot-template: John Goerzen (surprise!)

He said in December that he'd fix it; I'll send a reminder.

> qps: Hanno Wagner -- last maintainer upload in 2001

He said in September he'd fix it; reminder sent.

> sgrep: Orphaned

The WNPP is still too young - should be removed in a few months.

> urlredir: Chris Leishman -- last upload 2001

He wanted to ask -devel if anyone minds if we remove the package.
Nobody complained, so I'll request removel now.

> xlispstat: Douglas Bates

He said he'd upload an new upstream version and also fix this.

> postit: Matthias Kabel -- last maintainer upload in the year 2000
> translate: Matthias Kabel -- last upload 2001
> xtranslate: Matthias Kabel -- last maintainer upload 2000

I tried to contact him several times but he never responded; but he
started doing some uploads again.  I'll try to contact him again.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com