Re: Xemacs needs help

James LewisMoss wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:06:23 -0500, neroden@twcny.rr.com (Nathanael Nerode) said:

 Nathanael> The maintainer, James Lewis-Moss, appears to be too busy
 Nathanael> (or something) to maintain the xemacs packages properly at
 Nathanael> the moment.

 Nathanael> Co-maintainers and/or NMUs are definitely needed.

 Nathanael> Volunteers?  ;-)

I'm here and I've uploaded twice in two weeks.  But I do have too
little time to debug all the problems that come at me
Understandable.

not to mention
that some things (modes, packages whatever) I just don't use that often
(or ever) so have real trouble debugging.
Those are not the bugs I'm thinking of. See the RC bugs against the various xemacs21 packages, which are all failures to build from source or installation failures.

Perhaps you could upload xemacs21-pacakges with bug #169861 fixed, at any rate?.... it's trivial. And maybe take a look at #233153?

Also anyone who wants to help with closing bug reports that should be
closed please feel free.
OK, did some of that, for RC bugs.

233790, 233791, and 207412 appear to me to be the same bug. Perhaps you could get the reporter of 233791 to track it down?

Also bugs on architectures other than i386 are very hard for me to
debug (all remote) so help with those is much appreciated.
I understand. Perhaps you could ask on the porters lists (m68k appears to be the only current arch-specific RC bug?)

As to NMUs  please don't.  It's happened several times to me in the
past and in every case it's caused more problems that it's solved.

Jim