Re: xemacs21 status

neroden@twcny.rr.com (Nathanael Nerode) writes:

> xemacs21, xemacs21-gnome-mule, xemacs21-mule, and xemacs21-packages have
> RC bugs, some open for a looooong time with patches.
>
> The maintainer has uploaded new versions (after a little prodding) --
> without fixing the bugs.

I think most of them can be closed. I already contacted him about
this, with no reply.

> I'm not sure what to do here, but from a QA standpoint this is not
> good.
>
> Perhaps someone with more diplomacy than I could do something about this,
> either getting the maintainer to fix the bugs, getting a co-maintainer added
> who will, or something?  In the last resort, these would have to be removed
> from sarge, but that really shuoldn't be necessary.

It would be very bad for our users! This subject should be discussed
on debian-emacsen.

Co-maintainership is the way to go (this is what I did with GNU Emacs
and it is now in a better shape).

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org