DDPO's future thoughts [Re: Developer.php performance (+patch)]

* Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> [2004-02-18 19:30:05 +0100]:

[I was very busy the last weeks so, I apologize about my silence]

Hi Jeroen,

thanks a lot for this contribution I cannot entirely integrate in
developer.php because neither on klecker.d.o nor on master.d.o php4-cgi
is intalled.
So the convert-to-db probably needs to be rewritten in other language.

Moreover, the developer.php (and all its backend) really needs to be
rewritten because it is really ugly and the performance are really slow.
That's why I started some week ago on a complete rewrite in order to
provide static html files (based on xml tranformation) in order to
increase the performance.

I think it's time for this piece of code to be available on alioth
because I want more people to work on it (redesign, recode, ...)

So Jeroen, I would be glad to see you, if you are interested, involved
in the project, and you will see that all the ddpo code is entirely
available in the qa cvs tree.

For the moment, I will continue to maintain it as it is in this cvs tree
and try to improve its performance, ... and start the project on alioth
in order to provide a really better tools than it is now.
--
Igor Genibel
http://www.answare.fr/                             igor.genibel@eds.com