kdrill package in a very bad shape

Hello,

I had a look at the kdrill package because it uses old-style debconf
templates without the po-debconf system. I was about to build a patch to
solve this, but I notice that this package is in a very bad shape:
 - new upstream version 6.3.1 (07.02.2004)
 - FTBFS since 20 Nov 2002 for a stupid dependency issue
 - Proposition of NMU from javier on 11 Jan 2004, rejected by maintainer
   because of errors in the proposed NMU.
 - broken debconf use (postinst does not load module ; no dependency) fixed
   in a patch provided 1 Nov 2002 by bug repported, no answer from maintainer
 - a bug yet to be closed since 21 Nov 2003. Quoting a mail from
   reporter on that day: "You can probably close the bug report :)"
 - a bug (wishlist) openned since more than 3 years without answer from
   maintainer.

I suspect that this package should be NMU'ed (javi, would you consider to
redo your patch to solve the issues reported by maintainer, or tell in the
BR why you don't agree with those comments?), or even orphaned.

I'll provide a po-debconf switch patch if things evolve on that package...

Bye, Mt.

--
No, I'm not going to explain it.
If you can't figure it out, you didn't want to know anyway...