Re: mondo and Debian

Hugo Rabson wrote:
>Hector has already taken it upon himself to try to solve part of the source
>of this philosophical incompatibility between Debian and Mondo. Kudos,
>Hector! He is looking at rootfs, specifically - not what you're e-mailing me
>about, but still a matter for concern within Debian because rootfs contains
>precompiled binaries. I just thought I should mention that Hector is aware
>of Debian's peculiar (meaning specific, in this context) needs and is
>working with me to accommodate them.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Upon investigation, I see that rootfs contains a precompiled copy of, among
other things, busybox.  Busybox is licensed under the GPL (see
http://www.busybox.net/license.html), which means you *must* distribute the
source along with it (say, on your website), or distribute a written offer to
provide the source.

Debian may technically be distributing the source because it distributes a
separate busybox package.  However, you're not distributing the busybox
source -- you should.  :-/

--
Debian QA: it seems clear that the mindi source package is also
undistributable, or at least not DFSG-free.

The mondo source package isn't OK either -- it contains the unsourced
binary /restore-scripts/usr/bin/pico, which couldn't go in Debian even if
it was sourced.

Could someone do the honors of filing the bugs against ftp.debian.org?  (I'm
about to go on vacation.)